Group Advising Sessions
Group advising sessions are intended to serve as an orientation to the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office for incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track. All students are expected to have first attended either a live [or virtual, as of Spring 2020] group advising session or viewed a recording of a group advising session in its entirety prior to requesting a one-on-one appointment with an advisor.
- Rising sophomores and above have met this requirement if they have attended a live [virtual] group advising session at any time prior to Fall 2020 (but all students are always welcome to attend additional sessions!).
- Incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track in Fall 2020 must attend either a live [virtual] group advising session or view a recording of a group advising session taking place in Fall 2020 or after.
Fall 2020 live [virtual] group advising sessions:
- Thursday, August 27 / 10-11:30 am
- Monday, September 14 / 11-12:30 pm
- Thursday, October 15 / 1-2:30 pm
- Monday, November 16 / 10-11:30 am
Spring 2021 live [virtual] group advising sessions:
- Thursday, January 21 / 9-10:30 am
- Monday, February 15 / 10-11:30 am
- Thursday, March 18 / 1-2:30 pm
- Monday, April 19 / 11-12:30 pm
Fall 2020/Spring 2021 group advising session recordings are posted below as they become available:
Note: While we cover the same presentation at each group advising session, presentation slides may be updated slightly as new information becomes available.
Monday, 04/19/21 recording:
Thursday, 03/18/21 recording:
Monday, 02/15/21 recording:
Thursday, 01/21/21 recording:
Monday, 11/16/20 recording:
Thursday, 10/15/20 recording:
Monday, 09/14/20 recording:
Thursday, 08/27/20 recording: