Group Advising Sessions
Group advising sessions are intended to serve as an orientation to the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office for incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track. All students are expected to have first attended either a live [or virtual, as of Spring 2020] group advising session or viewed a recording of a group advising session in its entirety prior to requesting a one-on-one appointment with an advisor.
- Rising sophomores and above have met this requirement if they have attended a live [virtual] group advising session at any time prior to Fall 2020 (but all students are always welcome to attend additional sessions!).
- Incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track in Fall 2020 must attend either a live [virtual] group advising session or view a recording of a group advising session taking place in Fall 2020 or after.
The Fall 2020 schedule for live [virtual] group advising sessions is:
- Thursday, August 27 / 10-11:30 am
- Monday, September 14 / 11-12:30 pm
- Thursday, October 15 / 1-2:30 pm
- Monday, November 16 / 10-11:30 am
The Group Advising RSVP form can be found here. Please RSVP by 3 pm one business day prior to each session to ensure that you receive the WebEx link to join.
Fall 2020 group advising session recordings will be posted directly below as they become available:
Note: While we cover the same presentation at each group advising session, presentation slides may be updated slightly as new information becomes available.
1. Thursday, 8/27 recording:
2. Monday, 9/14 recording:
3. Thursday, 10/15 recording:
- Navigating the Healthcare Admissions Interview: August 11 / 3-4 pm / WebEx
- 2022 Cycle Application Orientation: TBD Spring 2021
- Selecting Schools to Apply to: TBD Spring 2021
- Personal Statements: TBD Spring 2021
- Secondary Applications: TBD Spring 2021
Recordings of all of our workshops can be found here.