First and Second Year Students:
Students are invited to attend group advising sessions geared to their specific year. To register for one or more sessions, please RSVP via the following form: Group Advising RSVP.
The Spring 2020 group advising session dates are:
- Monday, January 27 / 2:30-4 pm / HBL Video Theater 2
- Thursday, February 20 / 10:30 am-12 pm / HBL Class of 1947 room
- Thursday, March 12 / 10:30 am-12 pm / HBL Class of 1947 room
- Monday, April 13 / 2:30-4 pm / WebEx virtual meeting: https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4935a737c67fc58066a1bd4f6e63f297
- Thursday, January 30 / 10:30 am-12 pm / HBL Class of 1947 room (CANCELED)
- Monday, February 17 / 2:30-4 pm / HBL Class of 1947 room
- Monday, March 9 / 10:30 am-12 pm / HBL Class of 1947 room
- Thursday, April 16 / 12:30-2 pm / HBL Video Theater 2 (CONDENSED INTO SESSION ON 4/13)
Note: Pre-Dental students may meet with Dr. Abbott for one-on-one advising appointments. Please log in to nexus.uconn.edu to schedule an appointment on his calendar located under “Enrichment Programs.”
If you have an urgent need or a very specific question, you can always request an appointment with a Pre-Medical staff member by filling out the following form: Appointment Request. If you cannot make it to your scheduled appointment with a staff member, please email email@example.com as soon as possible to open up the spot for other students. Please be advised that our office receives volumes of e-mails and inquiries daily. Due to current demand, we are expecting to establish and confirm appointment requests within one week of receiving your request.
Third and Fourth Year Students:
Students are invited to meet with a Pre-Medical Advisor on a 1:1 basis. To request an appointment, please complete the following form: Appointment Request. Advisors will be assigned based on availability and past appointment history. Composite interviews in the spring semester must be scheduled directly through our office.
- 2021 Cycle Application Orientation: February 6 / 6-7:30 pm / Oak 101
- Selecting Schools to Apply to Workshop: March 2 / 3-4 pm / BOUS A106
- Personal Statements Workshop: March 11 / 3-4 pm / STRS WW16
- Secondary Applications Workshop: March 25 / 3-4 pm / STRS WW01
- Navigating the Healthcare Admissions Interview Workshop – TBA
Admissions interviews play an important role in the med school, dental school, and other healthcare graduate program admissions process, so it is important to be prepared. During this workshop, you will learn best practices for preparing for an interview, answering different types of interview questions common in healthcare admissions interviews, and making a lasting impression on the interviewer(s). The workshop will include an overview of best practices based on research and trends in the field, some small group activities, and an opportunity for further practice via Big Interview, a virtual practice interviewing platform.
This event counts as an Honors event and is a collaboration between the Center for Career Development and the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office.
For First and Third Year students, we have published informational workshop videos to our program website on the following page: http://premed.uconn.edu/videoseries/
Alumni and Re-Applicants can receive more information and set up an appointment with an advisor through this form: Alumni Information Form.