First and Second Year Students:
Students are invited to attend group advising sessions geared to their specific year. To register for one or more sessions, please RSVP via the following form: Group Advising RSVP.
The Spring 2019 group advising session dates are:
- Monday, January 28 / 10:30 am – 12 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Monday, February 18 / 2:30 pm – 4 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Thursday, March 7 / 12 pm – 1:30 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Thursday, April 18 / 10:30 am – 12 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Thursday, January 31 / 10:30 am – 12 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Thursday, February 21 / 10:30 am – 12 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Monday, March 11 / 2:30 pm – 4 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
- Monday, April 15 / 2:30 pm – 4 pm / HBL Video Theater 1
Note: Pre-Dental students may meet with Dr. Abbott for one-on-one advising appointments. Please log in to nexus.uconn.edu to schedule an appointment on his calendar located under “Enrichment Programs.”
If you have an urgent need or a very specific question, you can always request an appointment with a Pre-Medical staff member by filling out the following form: Appointment Request. If you cannot make it to your scheduled appointment with a staff member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to open up the spot for other students. Please be advised that our office receives volumes of e-mails and inquiries daily. Due to current demand, we are expecting to establish and confirm appointment requests within one week of receiving your request.
Third and Fourth Year Students:
Students are invited to meet with a Pre-Medical Advisor on a 1:1 basis. To request an appointment, please complete the following form: Appointment Request. Advisors will be assigned based on availability and past appointment history. Composite interviews in the spring semester must be scheduled directly through our office.
- 2020 Cycle Application Orientation: Thursday, February 7 / 6 pm-7:30 pm / ITE C80
- Selecting Schools to Apply to Workshop: Monday, March 4 / 3 pm-4 pm / ARJ 143
- Personal Statements Workshop: Tuesday, March 12 / 3 pm-4 pm / ARJ 143
- Secondary Applications Workshop: Wednesday, March 27 / 3 pm-4 pm / ARJ 143
- Navigating the Healthcare Admissions Interview Workshop
- Tuesday, October 2 / 6-8 pm / ITE C80
- Wednesday, October 24 / 6-8 pm / ITE C80 (This date coincides with a regular meeting of the Pre-Med Society)
Admissions interviews play an important role in the med school, dental school, and other healthcare graduate program admissions process, so it is important to be prepared. During this workshop, you will learn best practices for preparing for an interview, answering different types of interview questions common in healthcare admissions interviews, and making a lasting impression on the interviewer(s). The workshop will include an overview of best practices based on research and trends in the field, some small group activities, and an opportunity for further practice via Big Interview, a virtual practice interviewing platform.
This event counts as an Honors event and is a collaboration between the Center for Career Development and the Pre-Medical & Pre-Dental Center.
For First and Third Year students, we have published informational workshop videos to our program website on the following page: http://premed.uconn.edu/videoseries/
Alumni and Re-Applicants can receive more information and set up an appointment with an advisor through this form: Alumni Information Form.