1. Pre-Medical/Dental Listserv
Is this your first time meeting with someone from our office? Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your UConn email address to request to be added to our emailing list.
2. Group Advising Sessions
Group advising sessions are intended to serve as an orientation to the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office for incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track. All students are expected to have first attended either a live [or virtual, as of Spring 2020] group advising session or viewed a recording of a group advising session in its entirety prior to requesting a one-on-one appointment with an advisor.
- Rising sophomores and above have met this requirement if they have attended a live [virtual] group advising session at any time prior to Spring 2021 (but all students are always welcome to attend additional sessions!).
- Incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track in Spring 2021 must attend either a live [virtual] group advising session or view a recording of a group advising session taking place in Fall 2020 or after (Fall 2020 recordings will be posted here).
Spring 2021 live [virtual] group advising sessions:
- Thursday, January 21 / 9-10:30 am
- Monday, February 15 / 10-11:30 am
- Thursday, March 18 / 1-2:30 pm
- Monday, April 19 / 11-12:30 pm
3. One-on-One Appointments
If you have met the criteria above and have individualized questions, then you may request a one-on-one appointment with an advisor from the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office.
All one-on-one pre-dental advising appointments should be made with Dr. Thomas Abbott at nexus.uconn.edu. His fall advising hours will be available just prior to the first day of classes. Please see below for the pre-medical advising appointment request forms.
4. Health Professions Applicant Portfolio
Please visit the Application Timelines page for more information and a link to the Applicant Portfolio.
5. PNB 3278: Patient and the Healer course – FULL for Fall 2021
Please note that we do NOT maintain a waitlist guaranteeing a seat for the course in any semester due to the volume of requests received by our office. Applicants to the course must submit a new appeal for consideration prior to each new semester if previously unsuccessful in obtaining a permission number.
6. Post-Baccalaureate Program Group Information Sessions
The UConn Post-Baccalaureate Program application cycle for Fall 2021 is open from January 1 – May 1, 2021. For graduating UConn seniors, alums and students from other undergraduate institutions who have earned or will be earning a bachelor’s degree, and have interest in applying to the UConn Medicine and Dental Medicine Post-Baccalaureate Program, the planned Spring 2021 schedule for live [virtual] group information sessions is:
- Thursday, February 25 / 2-3:00 pm
- Monday, March 22 / 12-1:00 pm
- Thursday, April 22/ 2-3:00 pm