2022 Cycle Application Process Timeline
For the 2022 Application Cycle, our office will offer health professions candidates a Letter Packet, which includes an individualized, non-evaluative cover letter. This cover letter will highlight specific strengths and particular assets of each applicant’s candidacy.
- Submit a Health Professions Applicant Portfolio in the Quest Portal
- Participate in a 45-minute Applicant Coaching Session
Applicant Coaching Sessions will be scheduled starting Wednesday, February 24th. They will be scheduled on a rolling basis, once the applicant has submitted their completed portfolio. We encourage you prepare your portfolio carefully, then submit it promptly so that we can schedule your coaching session well in advance of when application systems begin to open in May and June.
- Collect all individual letters of recommendation through the Health Professions Letter Packet in the Quest Portal, submitting once all individual letters have been received.
Letter Packets will be submitted on a rolling basis based on when applicants submit their complete set of individual letters to the office. We strongly encourage all dental applicants to submit their materials by May 1st due to the quick turnaround time with formal dental applications.
A more detailed look at the process
- Submit your Applicant Portfolio
- The applicant portfolio allows you to explore, reflect on, and explain various facets of your pathway, including your motivation for pursuing this health profession, your competency-based strengths, and how your service experiences have influenced your path to pursuing this health profession.
- These questions mirror many of the questions you will be asked in your primary and secondary applications, so we strongly encourage you to think about these carefully and to prepare full and thoughtful answers.
- Discuss your portfolio in an Applicant Coaching Session
- Your applicant coaching session will be a 45-minute-long meeting with one or two of our pre-medical and pre-dental advisors.
- In this meeting, we will discuss your portfolio responses, ways to present your candidacy, logistics of how to apply, and any questions you may have about your application process.
- Request and collect individual Letters of Recommendation
- This process can be initiated before you schedule or complete your applicant coaching session. Send requests to your recommenders as soon as they have agreed to write a letter on your behalf. The sooner all your letters are received, the sooner we can prepare and submit your letter packet.
- Once all of your individual letters have been submitted, you will submit them to our office via the Quest Portal. We will screen each letter to make sure that all of the formatting requirements have been met. If they have not been met, we will email you and direct you to contact the relevant recommenders individually to request that they send the office updated, correctly formatted copies of your letters.
- We strongly encourage all dental applicants to submit their materials by May 1st
- Provide our office your Application ID(s) (e.g., AAMC & AMCAS Letter ID, AACOMAS ID)
- The office cannot submit your letter packet unless we have received the relevant ID(s) from you; these are necessary for the uploading process.
- If you do not provide your ID(s) to us in a timely manner, it will delay the submission of your letter packet.
- The Advising Office will compile and submit your Letter Packet
- After your letter packet has been submitted, you are still welcome to contact the office with any questions you have about the application process!
- If you decide that you would like to apply to more schools than you initially indicated (e.g., adding DO schools or Caribbean schools) you can ask our office to send your letter packet to those services. In such cases, send us an email with details about your request and any necessary instructions/contact information.
The 2022 Cycle Application Orientation took place on Wednesday February 10, 2021. To view the recording, navigate to our Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Workshops, Series, and Guides page. Please visit this page for additional information about our Application Cycle Spring Workshop Series. The office encourages any student who is considering applying to view this orientation to become acquainted with the process.
Please know while we will make every effort to review submissions as soon as possible, the materials you submit may not be reviewed immediately upon receipt. Please note that all University employees are mandated reporters of child abuse or child neglect. In addition, UConn employees have responsibilities to report to the Office of Institutional Equity student disclosures of sexual assault and related interpersonal violence; any information you submit on your applicant portal or composite updates forms is subject to UConn reporting policies. If you feel you need more immediate assistance or support, we encourage you to reach out to the Dean of Students Office and/or Student Health and Wellness – Mental Health. In addition, if you have concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and/or stalking, we encourage you to review the resources and reporting options available at: https://titleix.uconn.edu/