January 23, 2021 – March 27, 2021
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Prepping for the MCAT can be stressful; the UConn MCAT Prep Course can help. In Spring 2021, our course will be offered completely online (synchronously) and will be taught by UConn subject experts. The courses will review material covered in key undergraduate courses with a question-based approach to conquering the test.
$325 by December 31, 2020
$375 after December 31, 2020
(practice tests included in course fee)
Withdrawals/Refunds: Registrants may withdraw by the end of the day on January 29, 2021 and receive a full refund minus an administrative fee of $35.00. After this date no refunds will be given.
To register: s.uconn.edu/mcat
- All registered students will receive a Webex link prior to the start of the program and will have access to materials in HuskyCT.
Note: all sections are taught on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
|1/23/2021||Study & Exam Skills/ Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I access the course each Saturday?
- All registered students will receive a WebEx link by the Friday prior to the start of each session. The links will also be listed in the Weekly Session Schedule document found in HuskyCT.
Q: How do I access HuskyCT for the course materials?
- Log in using your UConn NetID and password at https://lms.uconn.edu/.
- Click “Organizations” on the left-hand menu.
- Select “2021 MCAT Test Review Course.”
- Navigate to the content of your choice (including individual folders and content review materials for Sessions 1-10) using the links on the left-hand menu.
Q: When will instructors post their lesson plans for each session on HuskyCT?
- Instructors will generally post their lesson plans by the Wednesday prior to their session.
Q: Will the sessions be recorded?
- No, they will not be recorded.
Q: What do I need to do before the start of the course on Saturday, January 23?
- Please complete A) the Pre-Course Assessment Survey and B) your full-length AAMC MCAT practice test (afterwards, submit the Pre-Course MCAT Practice Test Reporting Survey also available in HuskyCT).
Q: What should I do if I have any issues accessing the HuskyCT site or the full-length practice test?
- Please email email@example.com.
Q: How do I gain access to the Subject Area Practice Test of my choice?
- A survey will be distributed between March 1-March 19 to ask for your preference of subject area test.
Q: What do I need to do after the end of the course?
- Please complete the Post-Course Assessment Survey, which will be available between March 27-April 30.
Q: How do I know if a session will take place on Sunday instead of Saturday due to inclement weather?
- Your instructor for that week will send you an email in advance of the regularly scheduled Saturday session letting you know if plans have changed.
Q: When should I plan to take the MCAT?
- Each medical school sets its own deadline for the latest MCAT date that it will accept each application cycle. If you will be applying to medical school as part of the upcoming 2022 cycle (to matriculate in fall 2022), our office recommends that you take the MCAT no later than mid/late July to stay as competitive as possible timewise.